Maple Leaf is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain personal information by which you can be identified when using this website, or during the course of your transactions with us, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and we are responsible as “controller” of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
Maple Leaf may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This updated policy is effective from May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect or hold the following information:
- Name and job title
- Business contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Sales or invoice history
- Supplier payment information for BACS payments
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information on the basis of our legitimate business interest to understand your current & future needs, and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- If we supply goods or services to you we rely on the fact that it is necessary for us to have and to use your personal information for the performance of our contract with you as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data
- Internal record keeping and transactional emails
- To comply with legal & contractual obligations
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think is of legitimate interest, using the generic or other email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research, or to discuss products which may be of interest. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests and needs
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic & managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online or by other means.
We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual.
The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link on any marketing email sent
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected]
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your express permission, or are required by law to do so.
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think is in your legitimate interest if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge, e.g.
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us in a structured machine-readable format
- Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing or certain other circumstances
If you would like to exercise any of those rights
- Email or write to our Data Manager at the contact details below
- Let us have enough information to identify you including proof of your identity & address (copy of your driving licence or passport & a recent utility or credit card bill)
- Let us know the information to which your request relates.
How to Complain
We hope our Data Manager can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.